Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesdays..

I am working on compiling a list of inexpensive, somewhat healthy, kid friendly dinners to vary my menu planning with. I menu plan for a month at a time so I need A LOT of dishes.

Anywhoo...I thought it would be fun to put a post a dish each tuesday that my family enjoys as well as try out new ones. So here is mine for the week:

Black Bean Quesidillas from Taste of home
Ingredients
2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
1-2/3 cups salsa, divided
10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
2/3 cup sour cream
Directions
In a bowl, mash the beans; add 1 cup salsa. Place five tortillas on ungreased baking sheets; spread with bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; top with the remaining tortillas.
Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until crisp and heated through. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve with sour cream and remaining salsa. Yield: 30 wedges.

Nobody complains when I make this (a rarity with 4 kids) and I can normally make enough to feed all of us (7 since my father in law eats with us most nights) for just about 5.00. We normally eat it with chips and salsa and call it a night. What are your favorite cheap dinners?

Link up your Tasty Tuesday recipe:

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP