Friday, May 21, 2010

Selling the Stockpile

shopping and CG 052

A week or so ago, I was aimlessly searching for awsome deals for you guys and I stumbled across some information about selling the stockpile. Huh? I never thought about that before, so I read on...

Come to find out, many many couponers are selling their stockpile to help increase their incomes. Wow. What a novel idea!

I read on and did some research and was generally intrigued about the whole process. I found price lists, tips and tricks all to help me get an idea of how this all worked. There is a whole lotta people making some seriously big money at selling their stockpiles. Who'da thunk it.

So me being broke always in search of ways to help my readers, I thought I would give it a go at my friends garage sale this weekend.

I went through my stockpile and came up with an impressive amount of stuff to sell. No food for me (we go through it amazingly fast) just body wash, razors, shampoo, ect. All the stuff we get from the drug store game.

Now since nobody really needs 30 tubes of toothpaste, I figured I could get rid of a few and the same with my other items for the sake of my project right?
I set up, came up with prices and sat back to wait...

On Thursday (the first day) people were much more into grabbing the big deals, the furniture ect. I had some buyers, but not an impressive amount...but I did meet some new friends who are stopping by here now..so it was totally worth it!

Friday was MUCH better! I am almost out of toothbrushes, toothpaste, shaving cream and most of the medication I had to sell. PS..Vitamins were HOT at my sale! It was rainy and kind of slow, but I still sold alot.

We will see what tomorrow brings for me and my stockpile, I am hoping to make around 450 total from the sale ( I am at $350 now...) but I had a kitchen table and some clothes so it isnt ALL stockpile money!

So would I do it again? Yup, in a heart beat. It was easy to set up, I sold some stuff to fuel my coupon addiction and I helped some people find ways to save some money. All in all it was a great day.

What do you think about the idea of selling your stockpile???

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP