Monday, September 13, 2010

Menu Plan Monday




One of the very best ways to save money is to menu plan. Not only does it save me money, but it saves me from having to think at the time of day where my brain is in slug mode.

Now that it is fall I am breaking out the crockpot more and more! I simply heart my crockpot and try to use it as much as I can. One of my very favorite cookbooks to find new crockpot recipes is Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: The Big Book of Everyday Slow Cooking
Stephanie does a great job of giving an honest and real review of recipes and what works for kids....and what doesnt. I am using a couple of her recipes this week that are HUGE favorites in our house. This week is jam packed with activities...every meal we are having is coming out of the crockpot! Love it!!

Monday: Brown sugar chicken (SUPER YUMMY) green beans and rolls
Tuesday: Fajitas in the crockpot
Wednesday: Sloppy Joes, Tater tots, peas
Thursday: Orange Chicken, rice
Friday: Taco soup, tortilla chips
Saturday: eat out...Taylor has a band competition we have to travel for
Sunday: Crockpot Lasagna, salad, garlic bread


So what are some of your tried and true crockpot recipes? I am always looking for variety :-)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP