Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Missed opportunities

Sometimes, there are things I really hate about working nights.  Mostly I love it.  I mean seriously, who wouldn't want to work graveyard as a psych nurse? 

However there are times like this morning which I really would have loved to have been there to see...

Let's set the stage..

Hubs is responsible for getting the kids somewhat functional before he leaves for work in the morning.  My teens get the littles on the bus.  It works for us.

This morning however he decided (for God knows what reason) that it was ok for Sam ( my kindergartener) to make his own lunch.  (Evil laughter enter here....)


So Sam poured himself a bowl of cereal sucessfully and Hubs left to do whatever it is that he does in the mornings....

When he returned he found Sam now consuming 3 toasted waffles. 

The convo went like this:

Hubs:  "Umm dude, were you really hungry this morning or what?"

Sam:   "No, not really..."

Hubs:  "Umm Sam, you just ate a bowl of cereal and now you are eating 3 waffles?"

Sam:  "I didn't eat cereal"

Hubs:  "Sam, dont lie, I saw you eat cereal!  I don't care that you ate all of it, but don't lie about it ok?"

Sam:  "But Daddd  I DIDN'T eat cereal!!"

Hubs:  ( frusturated now) "Then where did that cereal go you poured?"

Sam:  "Dad, you are so silly...that's not my breakfast...its my lunch!!!!!"




I swear this is why the teachers hate us....




0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP