Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cheap Eats...(Guest Post)

{This is a guest post from my friend Tara! I begged and begged for this recipe for these peanut butter balls..they are super yummy~!!! Enjoy and let me know if you make them so I can come over and indulge :-)}

So I was one of those who obviously felt pressured into blogging for Amy! Seriously, it is my pleasure to post for her as a small token of my appreciation for all the money she has saved me through this great blog.

I thought I’d share a couple frugal recipes that my kids love.

Here is a snack that is healthy, easy to grab, and filling. They are also pretty inexpensive to make (especially if you buy your Rice Krispies with coupons and your oats and powdered milk at Aldi’s). My kids love these. I got the original recipe online, but then I added/changed a couple ingredients.

Peanut Butter Balls:

2-3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 1/2 c oats (old-fashioned)
1 1/2 c powdered milk
2-3 T ground flaxseed (optional)
1 c peanut butter
1 c honey

Stir dry ingredients and then stir in the rest. Form into 1" balls and refrigerate in a tupperware container. (Do not bake) My kids fight over whose turn it is to make these!

Okay, the next recipe is for tortillas, which are expensive to buy, but easy and fun to make. My kids like to help make these, too.

Whole Wheat Tortillas

2 cups flour (1 c whole wheat and 1 c white)
½ t salt
1 t baking powder
2 T oil
½ c warm water

Stir and knead well (about 20 times). Let it rest 10-15 minutes and form into 10 balls. Roll into 8 inch circles. Fry (dry-no oil) in pan to cook. To keep them flexible, place them in a plastic bag while still warm.

We use these for cheese quesadillas, and also they are great with raspberry jelly, cream cheese, and powdered sugar in them and rolled up.

1 comments:

printable coupons June 21, 2010 at 6:22 AM  

Thanks for the recipe!
I got a coupon site http://www.clickmycoupon.com/ offers free printable grocery coupons.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP